We are excited to see you at the Start Line for this year’s MatchStick 5k/10k/Half Marathon Challenge! Final plans are in place to make this year a great experience for you. Below are a few items to help you out for Friday the 23rd.
- Packet Pickup – will be held Thursday, June 22nd, at Crossroads Community Church (across from Huntington Bank). It will be open between 7pm-8pm. Local restaurants will be open and many will offer a MatchStick discount if you mention you are a running the race. Make a fun evening out of packet pickup. If you can’t make Thursday’s Packet Pickup, Packet Pickup will be available at Art Wright Stadium starting at 5pm on race day.
- Parking – take advantage of the free parking and shuttle to the Start Line. There will not be parking offered this year at the stadium for MatchStick runners. You can park behind Crossroads Community Church (located downtown) and continuous bus shuttles will be picking up on King Street next to the parking lot. The buses will bring you back after the race. Friends and family are welcome to ride. If you want to have a small warm up, this parking is just .3 miles from the Start Line.
- Gear Check – will be offered inside Art Wright Stadium, please bring your own bag.
- Corrals – this year we will have a Corral A and Corral B. Corral A will be for runners that expect to run a sub 7 minute pace. If you do not know your pace then you want to be in Corral B.
- Water Stations – 5k runners will pass a water/Gatorade station 1 time / 10k runners will pass a water/Gatorade station 3 times / Half Marathon runners will pass a water/Gatorade station 7 times.
- Blue Tip Festival ride – each runner is entitled to 1 free voucher for any ride, if you are interested just go to the Registration Desk and ask for your voucher.
- Live DJ – we will have a live DJ at the Start and Finish Line to help get your adrenaline elevated.
- Start Times: Half = 6:15pm 5k/10k = 7:30pm
- Medals – All youth 14 and under will receive a participation medal and all Half Marathon runners will receive a Finishers medal. Top 3 in each gender/age bracket will receive a medal. Trophies will be given to overall male/female finishers and cash prizes to top 3 overall male/female finishers.
- Course – signs will be posted at each turn and volunteers will be on hand to ensure your safety. There will be mile markers for each event. Please pay attention to your lanes. Some roads will have one lane closed with runners going in both directions, so please run on the right side of the open lane. Police or volunteers will be at each intersection.
- Finish Line Food – there will be premium water, fruit, power bars, freshly made donuts, and homemade cupcakes for all finishers.
- Weather – The forecast is a little questionable for Friday evening. If there is severe weather, then there could be a maximum 30 minute rain delay to the start. If for any reason the weather became severe during the race, then word will be sent throughout the course that the “race is called off” and you will need to take cover for your own personal safety. Our shuttle buses would be instructed to drive the course and pick up runners so they can be returned to our designated parking lot behind Crossroads Community Church.
With over 125 volunteers ready, there will be plenty of support to make this a safe and supportive event. Be sure to show them some appreciation along the way.
Looking forward to seeing you June 23rd!
MatchStick Race Committee